It also recognizes that all children are intelligent and capable learners and will develop across and within these developmental areas in unique and individualized ways. Our approach honours the development of the whole child:
- emotionally and
- socially across ages.
Since children learn in different ways and learn better if learning experiences are interconnected or integrated, our curriculum too is theme based and investigates ideas from multiple perspectives. Our themes combine different areas of:,
- learning and become catalysts for developing concepts,
- skills and attitudes while relating this learning to real life.
- This learning ensures development of multiple intelligence in children.
We engage learners through creative learning experiences. Creative expression across learning domains is invited, encouraged and celebrated. Children are exposed to :
- dynamic learning environments
- challenges and choices in activities
- open ended questions
- and interactions with peers and teachers.
CARE FOR SELF, OTHERS AND THE ENVIRONMENT
Care for self begins with building self esteem through developing self help skills, providing choices, autonomy, challenges, successes, affirmations and support to help the children know and flourish in this knowledge of being unique and special.
- Children interact with nature
- They learn through the different sounds, smells, and sight of things present in the environment.
- Children are able to discover how things work, they also to learn about plants, animals, insects, and the environment in general.